Nota Bene

Nota Bene

Nota Bene : La Qualité, Non La Quantité - Forum Atypique Pour & Par la Littérature - Le Forum Que Vous N'Oublierez Pas De Sitôt - Histoire & Cinéma Sont Aussi Sur Nos Etagères - Réservé Aux Lecteurs Gourmets & Passionnés - Extrémistes & Trolls S'Abstenir

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  GalerieGalerie  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

One For The Money - Janet Evanovich - Comic Crime Novel (USA)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Auteur Message
Masques de Venise
Souverainiste, Patriote & Fière de l'Être !

Féminin
Verseau Rat
Localisation : A la pointe de la Bretagne, au bord de l'Atlantique
Loisirs : Tout ce qui concerne les mots et les livres.

MessageSujet: One For The Money - Janet Evanovich - Comic Crime Novel (USA)   Dim 2 Avr - 18:03

French Title : La Prime

ISBN : 9780684196398

Our Opinion
Characters

Citation :
[...] Vinnie's secretary sat behind the desk, her head bent in concentration, picking her way through a stack of files. "Yeah ?

- I'm Stephanie Plum. I've come to see my cousin, Vinnie.

- Stephanie Plum !" Her head came up. "I'm Connie Rosolli. You went to school with my little sister, Tina. Oh jeez, I hope you don't have to make bail."

I recognized her now. She was an older version of Tina. Thicker in the waist, heavier in the face. She had lots of teased black hair, flawless olive skin, and a five-o'clock shadow on her upper lip.

- "The only thing I have to make is money," I said to Connie. "I hear Vinnie needs someone to do filing.

- We've just filled this job, and between you and me, you didn't miss anything. It was a crummy job. Paid minimum wage, and you had to spend all day on your knees singing the alphabet song. My feeling is, if you're going to spend that much time on your knees, you could find something that pays better. You know what I mean ?

- Last time I was on my knees was two years ago. I was looking for a contact lens.

- Listen, if you really need a job, why don't you get Vinnie to let you do skip tracing ? There's good money on it.

- How much money ?

- Ten per cent on the bond." Connie
pulled a file from her top drawer. "We got this one in yesterday. Bail was set at $100,000, and he didn't show up for a court appearance. If you could find him and bring him in, you'd get $ 10,000."

I put a hand to the desk to steady myself. "Ten thousand dollars for finding one guy ? What's the catch ?

- Sometimes, they don't want to be found, and they shoot at you. But that hardly ever happens." Connie
leafed through the file. "The guy who came in yesterday is local. Morty Beyers started tracking him down, so some of the prelim is already done. You've got pictures and everything.

- What happened to Morty Beyers ?

- Busted appendix. Happened at eleven-thirty last night. He's in St. Francis with a drain in his side and a tube up his nose." ... [...]

Ainsi qu'une galère oubliée en la rade."

Albert Samain

Celui qui n'a pas fait tout ce qu'il pouvait faire n'a rien fait.
Charles Pathé

La France a perdu une bataille mais elle n'a pas perdu la guerre !
Charles de Gaulle

Et ce qui importait en fin de compte, c'était moins d'être vaincu que d'avoir une âme de vaincu car cela seul est sans remède.
Jean Hougron

https://www.notabeneculturelitteraire.com/
http://blog.bebook.fr/woland/index.php/
[/b]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://blog.bebook.fr/woland/index.php/
Masques de Venise

Féminin
Verseau Rat
Localisation : A la pointe de la Bretagne, au bord de l'Atlantique
Loisirs : Tout ce qui concerne les mots et les livres.

MessageSujet: Re: One For The Money - Janet Evanovich - Comic Crime Novel (USA)   Dim 2 Avr - 18:30

Citation :
[...] Lula and Jackie were hawking wares on the corner, just like always. They were sweating and swaying in the heat, yelling out intimate pet names and graphic suggestions to potential customers. I parked close by, set the six-pack on the hood, and popped one open.

Lula eyed the beer.
"You're tryin' to lure us away from our corner, girl ?"

I grinned. I sort of liked them. "Thought you might be thirsty.

- Sheeit. Thirsty ain't the half of it." Lula
sauntered over, took a beer, and chugged some. "Don't know why I'm wasting my time standing out. Nobody want to fuck in this weather."

Jackie followed. "You shouldn't be doing that," she warned Lula. "Your old man gotta get mad.

- Hunh," Lula said. "I suppose I care. Dumbass prick pimp. Don't see him standing out here in the sun, do you ?

- So what's the word with Morelli ?" I asked. "Anything happening ?

- Haven't seen him," Lula said. "Haven't seen the van neither.

- You hear anything about Carmen ?

- Like what ?

- Like is she around somewhere ?"

Lula was wearing a halter top with a lot of boob hanging out. She rolled the cold can of beer across her chest. I figured it was wasted effort. She'd need a keg to cool  off a chest that size.

- "Don't hear nothing about Carmen."

An ugly thought flashed through my mind. "Carmen ever spend time with Ramirez ?

- Sooner or later everybody spend time with Ramirez.

- You ever spend time with him ?

- Not me. He like to do his magic on skinny pussy.

- Suppose he wanted to do his magic on you ? Would you go with him ?

- Honey, nobody refuses Ramirez nothing.

- I hear he abuses women.

- Lots of men abuse women," Jackie said. "Sometimes men get in a mood.

- Sometimes they're sick," I said. "Sometimes they're freaks. I hear Ramirez is a freak."

Lula looked down the street to the gym, her eyes locked on the second-story windows. "Yeah," she said softly. "He's a freak. He scares me. I had a friend go with Ramirez, and he cut her bad.

- Cut her ? With a knife ?

- No," she said. "With a beer bottle. Broke the neck and then used to ... you know, do the deed." ... [...]

Ainsi qu'une galère oubliée en la rade."

Albert Samain

Celui qui n'a pas fait tout ce qu'il pouvait faire n'a rien fait.
Charles Pathé

La France a perdu une bataille mais elle n'a pas perdu la guerre !
Charles de Gaulle

Et ce qui importait en fin de compte, c'était moins d'être vaincu que d'avoir une âme de vaincu car cela seul est sans remède.
Jean Hougron

https://www.notabeneculturelitteraire.com/
http://blog.bebook.fr/woland/index.php/
[/b]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://blog.bebook.fr/woland/index.php/

One For The Money - Janet Evanovich - Comic Crime Novel (USA)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1